We’re excited to announce that the national popular vote bill (H.B. 5434) will have a hearing in Hartford at the Government Administration and Elections (GAE) committee!
Stay tuned for details on the date and time have of the hearing – it could be as soon as Friday, February 10th.
What you can do:
- Call or email your state rep and state senator and let them know that you support the bill. Be sure to BCC email@example.com so we can track the number of supportive emails.
- Share this post and spread the word – once we know the date and time, we’ll be holding a rally at the state house the day of the hearing.
- Email members of the GAE committee (and BCC firstname.lastname@example.org) voice your support. In particular, let House committee chair Dan Fox know you’re in favor. Here are the GAE committee members:
- Representative Fox, House chair, Dan.Fox@cga.ct.gov, 148th District
- Senator Winfield, Senate co-chair, Gary.Winfield@cga.ct.gov, 10th District (Bill sponsor!)
- Senator McLachlan, Michael.McLachlan@cga.ct.gov Senate co-chair, 24th District
- Senator Slossberg, 14th District
- Senator Frantz, Scott.Frantz@cga.ct.gov 36th District
- Representative Winkler, Michael.Winkler@cga.ct.gov 56th District
- Representative Haddad, Gregory.Haddad@cga.ct.gov 54th District
- Representative Lesser, Matthew.Lesser@cga.ct.gov (Bill sponsor!) 100th District
- Representative McCarthy Vehay, Cristin.McCarthyVahey@cga.ct.gov (Supporter!) 133rd District
- Representative Miller, Patricia.Miller@cga.ct.gov 145th District
- Representative Santiago, Hilda.Santiago@cga.ct.gov 130th District
- Representative Devlin, Laura.Devlin@housegop.ct.gov 134th District
- Representative Cummings, Stephanie.Cummings@housegop.ct.gov 74th District
- Representative France, Mike.France@housegop.ct.gov 42nd District
- Representative Labriola, David.Labriola@housegop.ct.gov 131rd District
- Representative Rebimbas,Rosa.Rebimbas@housegop.ct.gov 70th District
- Representative Sampson, Rob.Sampson@housegop.ct.gov 80th District