Contact Former co-sponsors
We’ve had great success recruiting additional co-sponsors for HB 5434, the National Popular Vote bill. We started with 11 co-cosponsors – there are now 53! But there are still a handful of legislators who have supported national popular vote legislation in the past but have NOT yet co-sponsored HB 5434 this session.
Please call / email these legislators and ask them to join 53 others in co-sponsoring:
For talking points and writing guidelines, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
CONTACT the speaker
We also need you to call and email the Speaker of the House, Rep. Joe Aresimowicz, and urge him to bring the bill to the floor for a vote:
CONTACT Other Democratic Legislators who Have not co-sponsored
We need every Democrat to back this bill to get it passed. You can find a list full list of Democrats who have NOT yet co-sponsored here if you’d like to contact them as well!
For talking points and writing guidelines, please see below.
how to express your support for hb 5434
Communicating in your own words is best, but here are ways to express your support that you can use as starting points, or to copy & paste. Explain why this is important to you.
- Presidential candidates rarely campaign in Connecticut. With the National Popular Vote Compact, HB 5434, every vote in CT would matter and candidates would pay attention to us. Do you favor the Compact? If not, why don’t you believe that every vote should matter equally?
- I’m tired of hearing that battleground states are the only ones that matter in presidential elections. What about Connecticut? With HB 5434, the National Popular Vote Compact, our votes would matter the same as votes in OH, FL and PA. Please let me know if you support the bill, and if not, why not?
- I’m writing to let you know I support HB5434, the National Popular Vote Compact that awards the presidency to the candidate who receives the most votes nationwide. The Compact would make one person, one vote a reality. Are you in favor of the Compact? If not, can you explain why every vote shouldn’t count equally, no matter what state you live in?
- I believe in a democracy every vote should matter equally and the president should be the candidate who gets the most votes. Under the current state-by-state winner-take-all method of awarding electoral votes, it doesn’t work that way. Please support HB5434, the National Popular Vote Compact. Will you vote yes on HB5434? If no, why not?
- Please co-sponsor HB 5434 to elect the President by the popular vote in all 50 states. Please let me know if you support the bill, and if not, why not?
- Please support HB 5434 so that every vote matters equally when we elect our President. Will you vote yes?
- I think the candidate who gets the most votes should win. Please support HB 5434, the National Popular Vote Compact. Will you vote yes?
- Please co-sponsor HB5434 to help make one person, one vote a reality. Will you vote yes? If no, why not?
- Please co-sponsor HB5434, the NPV compact. In a democracy every vote should matter equally and the president should be the candidate who gets the most votes.
- I’m tired of hearing that battleground states are the only ones that matter. With HB 5434 our votes would matter the same as votes in OH, FL and PA.